Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hummus expiriment = success

      The other day I was bored and hungry, and since I've got about, oh, TOO MANY cans of chickpeas hanging out in the kitchen (all intended for several batches of hummus that I simply hadn't gotten around to making.  I forgot about them, and they piled up), I decided to try something new.  My mom has pretty much an entire bush of basil growing out in our back yard, and I'd never heard of basil hummus, and so I decided to invent it.  Likely not the first person, but who cares.
     I'm still playing around with an ingredients ratio for hummus that I like best, but this one definitely turned out to be one of the best batches I've made. Excited? Oh, was I. I got off work earlier than usual tonight, and since nobody's home and I don't know what to do with myself I think I'm gonna devote a big chunk of the night to playing around with some recipes.

PS- the chips in the photo are lentil chips.  If you haven't seen them in stores, they're sort of a new fad- chips made of lentils, garbanzos and aduki beans.  They're pretty healthy, and actually pretty good! Went perfectly with hummus.  I'll be buying more, fer-sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment