Sunday, February 20, 2011

Over-toasted sesame seeds. I don't like 'em.

     Just thought I'd throw that out there.  And somehow, I always manage to overtoast them.  I had to waste a couple of teaspoons of them just now and start over, because I'm adding some crushed sesame seeds to this weird, experimental stuffing I'm throwing together for some mushrooms, and gross over-toasted sesame seeds could ruin the whole thing. 
     I had a very long night last night and slept away today, only to wake up feeling crappy and blah and discontent with nothing to do for distraction.  So, naturally, I'm spending hours and hours in the kitchen.  I'm making said mushrooms, stuffing them with some...breadcrumb-goatcheese-sesameseed-parsley-egg-whatever else I feel like throwing in...mixture.  I'm also gonna make these eggplant roll-ups with mozzarella and tomatoes I found the recipe for in one of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks (remind me to rant another time about my suspicion that all of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks are British).  I'm making these because they remind me of this awesome fried green tomato/mozzarella dish I had at Galaxy66 in Ocean City, and I don't exactly have any green tomatoes on hand, seeing that it is February.......anyway..

     Along with that, I'm trying these sweet potato gnocci I found at Trader Joe's.  They come with sage butter.  They sound badass. Meanwhile, I'm watching a Saturday Night Live special until like 11.  Yes.
     Today is fat, blah day.

No comments:

Post a Comment