Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ow- french onion soup and my eyes

     So it turns out, I think, that my eyes are even more sensitive than those of a normal human being when it comes to cutting up onions.  They do not, DO NOT like it.  Tonight I'm trying out a french onion soup recipe from one of my brilliant British vegetarian cookbooks, and this is a big deal, because I don't think I've ever actually made soup before.  I'm excited.  The onions are cookin' up right now, and I hope this shit's delicious!
     I think I might also try out a recipe tonight for this "creamy omelette" in a different BBVCB (my new abbreviation), because it's super-easy and has protein, and all that good stuff.  The thing is, I don't really like eggs.  I mean...at all.  I've more or less avoided them my entire life.  But lately I've been trying to forge a friendship with them for the sake of limited time in the morning, and my body's levels of protein and iron. We'll see.
     So, the coconut?  It was basically wasted on a fail-recipe. Let's just leave it at that.  And also, I think I was wrong, yet AGAIN, about my mystery root vegetable.  Boo.


     UPDATE: 4/1/11- Before I forget, the soup turned out pretty well.  I forgot to mention that I don't really even like onions, but the flavors came together nicely.  I threw in some croutons I made with Trader Joe's Quinoa Bread (try it!).  The omelette...not so much.  I think I'm just gonna stick to my occasional egg-for-iron routine, for now.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thanks! :D I'm hoping to improve my little blog greatly once my laptop is fixed :)

    ReplyDelete